Claw International, now located, Minnesota
was founded in 1995 in South Sioux City, Nebraska. Claw International
later moved to Sioux City, Iowa. The first clip was manufactured
using a homemade die in a small, rural machine shop located in Onawa,
Iowa. The complete process was done by hand, including a spot weld
on the first model, with 1000 pieces made per day.
The president of Hastings
Pipe Company in Hastings, Nebraska, took it upon himself to
construct a sophisticated die, which was pneumatically run. Through
the years, that same die has been improved upon several times.
Claw International manufactures one product
only, "THE CLAW™". Claw International
has virtually no competition because of its patented design, double
strength clip portion with three teeth.